|August 19, 2013
Todd Sadow, President, Epic Rides
TSadow@epicrides.com / 520-623-1584 o
David Grossman, Event Manager
DGrossman@epicrides.com / 970-270-3133 o
--- For Immediate Release ---
INAUGURAL GRAND JUNCTION OFF-ROAD STREET CLOSURES ANNOUNCED
Mountain Bike Event and Free Community Concert Kicks Labor Day Weekend into High Gear
(Tucson, Ariz.) August 19, 2013 - The City of Grand Junction, Mesa County and the Grand Junction Bureau of Land Management Field Office are collectively hosting the Inaugural Grand Junction Off-Road presented by US Bank mountain bike event and community concert scheduled for August 30 - September 1, 2013.
Visitors and competitors will have the chance to experience Grand Junction's downtown establishments, peruse the well-appointed Hi Health Bike and Wellness Expo located between 3rd St and 5th St on Main Street, and enjoy a free community concert starting at 10a on Saturday and headlined by Cracker (6p).
This cooperatively hosted three day event is partially conducted on Public Lands under special permit from the U.S. Bureau of Land Management. All fundraising during the event will benefit the Community Food Bank of Grand Junction, the Avalon Cornerstone Project, the Colorado Riverfront Commission, and COPMOBA.
To help plan for the weekend's events expect closures at the following times and locations.
Friday, August 30th
Saturday, August 31st
- 5:00 am - Full street closure on Main Street (between 1st Street and 5th Street) as well as 3rd and 4th Streets (between Rood and Colorado). This closure will remain in effect until Sunday, September 1st at 5:00 pm.
- 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm - Temporary closures on 1st Street and Main Street, Main Street and Spruce Street, Broadway and Rice, Monument Road, and Little Park Road.
- 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm - Temporary street closures on 3rd Street (Colorado to Rood), Colorado (between 3rd Street to 4th Street), Rood (between 3rd Street to 6th Street), 4th Street (White Avenue to Colorado), White Avenue (between (4th Street to 5th Street), 5th Street (White to Main), and 6th Street (Rood to Main Street).
Sunday, September 1st
- 6:30 am to 4:00 pm - Temporary street closures on 1st Street and Main Street, Main Street and Spruce Street, Broadway and Rice, Monument Road, and Little Park Road.
- 7:00 am to 1:00 pm - Temporary street closures on 1st Street and Main Street, Main Street and Spruce Street, Broadway and Rice, Monument Road, and Little Park Road.
Additional parking may be found one block from the DT Swiss Event Hub at the Rood Avenue parking garage located along the 400 block of Rood Avenue.
For a complete schedule of events visit www.epicrides.com.
For more information on the City of Grand Junction visit
Epic Rides appreciates the community of Grand Junctions patience while navigating any of the road closures that may slow the attempts to travel between point A and B during event weekend.